My recipe for grape enzyme
What I used for my grape enzyme
1 kg Red Grape (with seed - the seed for red grape is a type of anti-oxidants which help to protect our cells from free radicals damage and also promotes healthy circulation)
800 g organic raw sugar
200 g oligo sugar
How to prepare the Grape Enzyme
- Rinse grapes and lemon and allow them to be air dried.
- Slice grapes and cut lemon into thin slices
- Place dried grapes and lemon slices in layers into a glass bottle and follow by a layer of raw sugar & oligo sugar
- Repeat step 1 to 3 for another 2 layer.
- Seal and store the bottle in a dark, cool place for fermentation
- On a daily basis for the 1st week, gently shake the bottle to get the sugar to coat the fruits nicely.
- Follow by 2nd and 3rd week, shake the bottle so that the fruits could be evenly fermented
- The enzyme can be harvest on the 2nd or 3rd week depend on your likes.
- Separating the fruits from the enzyme. Shive the juice, store in clean bottle and keep in the fridge
- Serve 30ml on daily basis